Lots of stuff happened in these 2 days. Here are the highlights:
1. Chinchero- Inca site. Lots of farming and pretty church. Beautiful views. Must see.
2. Moray- Inca site. They believe a meteorite caused the hole that they use to farm. Did some hiking, y'all know I'm not a hiker but it was pretty slow paced and not overly steep. If you are interested in hiking and Inca farming lands its worth a visit. The grounds are lovely and there are lots of native plants and wildlife to discover.
3. Salt mines in Maras- More hiking. The salt mines were crowded with tourists. Also their mining process is super labor intensive and made me feel VERY first world. It's worth a visit if you are interested in ancient salt mining techniques. Otherwise you can probably skip it and do something more to your liking.
4. Inca Rail- I took this train both to and from Cusco/Machu Picchu. I'm told that there are other trains that go along the same route, but this one was very nice. Plus they give you free tea and snacks during the trip! The views are really spectacular. The trains were exactly on time both ways. They ask that you be there 30 min prior to departure, and I recommend getting there at least 15 min before to get yourself and your bags situated before the train pulls away. I highly recommend!
5. More interesting hotel situations: I stayed at a 4 star hotel according to the Trip Advisor rating. It has a smart TV and a giant shower head. But there is still a bathroom window that goes to some unknown location and the mini bar is a tiny fridge that is not cold. Also, there is no AC or heat. There is a window that opens and overlooks an empty building lot that the locals seem to be using for trash storage. Ah the wonders of travel lol.
6. Word to the wise, the sun at high altitudes is no joke!! I got a sunburn on my neck/shoulder from wearing a v-neck shirt. Truth be told I'm Casper the sometimes Friendly Ghost, but still! Bring your sunscreen and wear it even if you don't think you need to!
If you have questions about my trip or just want to chat about travel in general, leave a note in the comments :)